The brief news.
The main events for 12 months were:
1. The GHA delegations participated in three major International Congresses: Sociology in Gothenburg (July 2010), Mathematics in Odessa (October 2010) and Spiritual Culture in Astana (October 2010). Reports of our participation in the congresses were published on the website.
2. Creation of the GHA national offices in five countries: Japan, Ukraine, Liberia, Pakistan and Israel with Palestine. In total now, we have 6 branches with the USA one.
3. The GHAcontributedtoglobalpeaceof harmoniouscivilization, developinga Nuclear Zero project. The GHAmembersparticipatedinpeaceconferencesinTokyoand the MiddleEast,for the 65th anniversary ofthe atomicbombings of Hiroshima andNagasaki.
The basic news:
For the past year the number of the GHA members has increased by 70 people to 460. The number of the countries represented in the GHA has increased from 48 to 56. New countries are 8: Colombia, Namibia, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Liberia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Cambodia. The number of GHA projects of global harmony has increased from 21 to 30. The pages number added on our site “Peace from Harmony” has increased from 290 to 332. The number of publications on the site has increased by 195, including 30 translations in 11 languages. The number of the site visits has increased by more than 500,000 to more than 2.2 million.
The GHA top-priority tasks on the coming year are:
1. Learning of the ABC of social harmony and the theory of a harmonious civilization by every member of the GHA.
2. Creation of the textbook of the ABC and theory of a harmonious civilization
3. Fundraising for the GHA projects.
Gratitude. I express my hearty gratitude to all the Global Harmony Association members for active participation in its projects.
Dr Leo Semashko,
Founder and President,
Global Harmony Association and «Peace from Harmony» Website
February 12, 2011
New authors: 72
From Russia: 19 persons
Evgeny A. Abramyan, a Professor, a Futurologist, Russia, Moscow
Svetlana Tsimbalist, Russia, a Poet
Yury Tsimbalist, Russia, a Poet and a Musician
Leonid Timoshenko, Moscow, a Composer and a Musician, www.maestrotimoshenko.ru
Marina Ushakova, a Trainer of yoga, a Psychologist, Moscow
Tamara Lavrovskaya, Moscow, Intel Alliance of Civilizations, Candidate of economy science
Angelina Mogilyevskaya, Moscow, a Psychologist
Rais Atnagulov, Moscow, Fund "Mama", www.fondmama.ru
Victor Sharkov, PhD of Technical Science, Russia,
Vitaliy Pravdivtsev, Moscow, Candidate of technical science, a Scenario Writer and a Documentary Director
Alexander Ladugin, Moscow, the Center of Innovation, www.soc-preobrajenie.ru,
Dzhangar Pjurveev, Russia, an Academician, http://www.jungar.narod.ru
Alexander Trofimov, Novosibirsk, President of Space institute of Anthropoecology
Albert Charkin, St.-Petersburg, a Sculptor, a Professor
Giorgiy Sosin, St.-Petersburg, an Artist
Anatoly Haritonov, a Candidate of pf. Sciences, Moscow
Alexander Pertsev, Ekaterinburg, a Dean of philosophical faculty of UGU http://percev-club.ru
Alexander Trubachev, Deputy of Lensovet/Petrosovet, 1990-1993
Paul Tsuplenkov, Deputy of Lensovet/Petrosovet, 1990-1993
Theforeigners: 53 persons
Dr. Glen T. Martin, USA, Secretary-General,World Constitution and Parliament Assoc. (WCPA)www.wcpa.biz, www.radford.edu/~gmartin
PhD Tiptur Chandrashekar, South Korea, International Peace Political and Social Activist
PhDMichaelBurawoy, USA, President, InternationalSociologicalAssociation
Yan Lee, Taiwan, the Honorable President of Academy Sinika, the Nobel Winner in Chemistry
PhD Margaret Archer, England, a Sociology Professor
PhD Michel Wieviorka, France, a Sociology Professor
PhD Mary Luz Sandoval, Colombia, a Sociology Professor
Ramesh Kumar, Pakistan, an Advocate of TopCourt
PhD Subhash Sharma, India, Director, Indus Business Academy, Bangalore
Dr. A.C. Pandey, India, a Sociology Professor
Dr. Smita Verma, India, a Sociology professor
Dr. Dorin Popa, Romania, a Professor
Dr. Ravinder Rena, Namibia, Professor, www.inderscience.com/ijeed
Jose Lopera, Mexica, a Poet
Ahmed Mansour, USA, Director, International Quranic Center, www.ahl-alquran.com
Zaure Khizatolla, Kazakhstan, a Poet
Nikolay Maltsev, Kazakhstan, Russian center of a science and culture in Astana
Zhandilda Zhakupov, Almaty, Kazakhstan, a President, the International Right Protection Center
Natalya Guk, Kazakhstan, a Journalist, Astana
Zhanat Aimanova, Kazakhstan, Astana, secretary of Mohamedzhanova
Tolegen Muhamedzhanov, a Senator of Kazakhstan Parliament
Svetlana Baymoldina, Kazakhstan, Candidate of Juridical Sciences, the Senior Lecturer of University, Astana
Natalya Kulinich, an Economist, Kiev, Ukraine
Yury Cherepahin, a Mathematician, Donetsk, Ukraine
Sergey Smeshko, Kiev, a Poet, a President of Fund, Ukraine
Ivan Mityay, Ukraine, a Senior Lecturer, a Biologist of Kiev University
Yury Kovalskiy, an Editor of magazine, Ukraine
Jacob Bright, President, GHA- Liberia
Emily Bestman, Vice President, GHA- Liberia
Louise Cheaye, Secretary General, GHA- Liberia
Lit.Dr.Apostolos Paschos, Greece, a Poet
Lit.Dr. Emmanuil N. Maragakis, Greece, Philologist
Dr. Hedva Robinson Bachrach, Israel, a Peacemaker
Prof. Dr. Taisir Subhi Yamin, Germany, General Director, International Centre for Innovation in Education (ICIE),http://icieworld.net/main
Prof. Dr. Seyhun Topbas, Turkey, Director of DILKOM, www.dilkom.anadolu.edu.tr
Marie Robert, France, auteure, chorégraphe, écrivaine et photographe, www.marierobert.com
Jeffrey B. Peters, USA, Mexico, a Peacemaker
Prof. Zhao Xiangze, China, Beijing, Urbanism
Prof. Hou Jinglin, China, Beijing, Urbanism, Director
Sahibzada Asim Maharvi, Pakistan, Chairman, Chistiya Ribbat, www.chishtiya.org
Haji Sayed Salman Chishty, Director, Chishty Foundation, www.chishtyFoundation.org
PhD Erica Lazarova, Bulgaria, History
PhD Chheng Vannarith, Cambodia, peacemaker
MD Johann Ge Moll, USA, www.g2institute.org
Boris Alkon, Israel, Chairman, Ass ‘Council of Civilizations’, Tel-Aviv
ErkamTufanAytav, Turkey, www.gyv.org.tr
Vita De Waal, Japan, E/Director, Foundation for Gaia, www.foundation-for-gaia.org, www.csvpa.org
Evangelos Denaxas, Ambassador of Greece in Kazakhstan, Astana
Dr. GadBachrach, Israel, Peacemaker,
Boris Alkon, Israel, Chairman, Ass ‘Council of Civilizations’, Tel-Aviv
PhD. Meir Danino, Israel, Science Faculty Head, Jerusalem
Fumi Srewart, USA, E/Directot, World Peace Prayer Society
Stefan Wiese, Germany, philologist
The site new pages are 42:
1-10. Ivan Ivanov. Harmony Webmaster
2-1-10-2. Discussion on Mathematics of Harmony and its Development in Harmonious Civilization
4-4-7. Subhash Sharma: innovative leadership for harmonious education
4-8-6. Ahmed Mansour. Islam: religion of peace from harmony
4-10-2. Nursultan Nazarbayev. Kazakhstan: Ñenter of Eurasian harmony
4-10-2-1. Kazakhstan: Strategy of Harmonism for the 21st Century
4-10-2-2. Astana 2010: The First Forum of Spiritual Culture of a Harmonious Civilization
4-10-3. Dalai Lama. Many Faiths, one Truth and Harmony
4-17. Glen Martin: World Constitution for Global Harmonious Civilization
5-2-10. Svetlana and Yuri Zimbalist: Harmony of love, poetry and music
5-2-11. Hedva Robinson Bachrach: For Peace and Harmony
5-5. Harmonious Civilization Sculpture as a Symbol of United Humanity in a New Millennium
5.13. Jose Lopera: Mexican poet of peace and harmony
5-14. Apostolos Paschos. Greek Poetry: Peace from Harmony
7-4-1-1. The Main Slogan for the 21st century: Learn, Learn and Learn again Harmony!
7-4-1-2. GHA Peace Project. "Israel - Palestine: Harmonization through Education instead Militarization"
7-4-1-3. Department of Harmonious Civilization for any University/College of the World
7-4-1-3. School of Peace through Harmonious Education for youth of Israel and Palestine
7-27-1. First International Congress on the Mathematician of Harmony: Odessa, Ukraine, October 8-10, 2010
12-5. GHA Conflicts: Steps to Harmony and Emancipation from Disharmony and Enmity
13-28. RUSSIA, FORWARD! To harmonious civilization!
13-29. CLUB-2009: Global Political Organisation for Harmonious Civilization
13-29. Harmonious Civilization Leaflets
14-1. GHA: Results of 2010 and Perspectives for 2011
14.2. Global Harmony Association (GHA) Sixth Anniversary
15. Addresses to the Philosophy and Sociology Institutions of Russian Academy
15.1. Mathematics of Harmonious Civilization (MHC): Letter to Grigory Perelman
15. Academy of Harmonious Leadership of a harmonious civilization
16. International Sociological Association: Move towards Sociology of Global Harmony
16.1. XVII World Congress of Sociology, Gothenburg, July 2010: Start to Understand Social Harmony
16.1.1. Michael Burawoy: Facing the Challenges of Global Sociology towards harmonious civilization
16.1.2. Yuan T. Lee. Energy, Environment and the Future of Mankind: Harmonious Civilization
16.1.3. Margaret Archer. The Current Crisis: Consequences of Neglecting the Four Key Principles of Catholic Social Doctrine of Harmony
16.1.4. Michel Wieviorka.Sociology on the move towards social harmony
16.1.5. Leo Semashko. Global Education as Harmonious Education of Global Harmonious Civilization
16.1.6. Mary Luz Sandoval.Colombian Sociology: Researches from Terror up to Peace and Harmony
17. The Future: Harmonious Civilization, or What? – The Program for the world TV Broadcast
18. Global Harmony Association (GHA): National Departments / Offices
The site new publications are: 30+17+148 = 195:
Translations are 30:
1. Pages "About Us" and "Mission":
1. Ivan Mityay - in Ukrainian
2. Maria Cristina Azcona - Spanish
3. Heli Habirimana - French
4. Tatomir Ion-Marius - by Romanian
5. Kae Mori - Japanese
6. Takis Ioannides - Greek
7. Renato Corsetti - Esperanto
8. Dalia Steiner - Hebrew
9. Stefan Wiese - German
2. "Declaration" and the "Treaty":
1. Inna Fomin - In Esperanto
2. Ivan Mityay - in Ukrainian
3. GHA TV project:
1. Hedva Bachrach - Hebrew
2. Ivan Mityay - in Ukrainian
3. Maria Cristina Azcona - Spanish
4. Heli Habirimana - French
5. Tatomir Ion-Marius - by Romanian
6. Kae Mori - Japanese
7. Takis Ioannides - Greek
8. Tholana Chakravarty - Hindi
Messages are 17:
News. Leo Semashko, Ernesto Kahan, Laj Utreja and Kae Morii. Global Harmony Association (GHA) Sixth Anniversary. 12/02/11 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. Review. Documentary Zeitgeist. Step to Harmony through Industrialism Collapse 06/02/11 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko, Laj Utreja, Ernesto Kahan and Kae Morii. A New Year Message from the GHA. 25/12/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. GHA: Results of 2010 and Perspectives for 2011. 26/11/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko, Laj Utreja and Kae Morii. GHA Greetings in honor of the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. World Congress of Sociology, July 2010, Gothenburg: Move to Harmony (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko and Laj Utreja. June 21, 2010: First Global Harmony Day of Harmonious Civilization (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko and Laj Utreja. Harmonious Education: Today’s Top Priority for Children. GHA Message on Protection and Children’s Priority Day, June 1, 2010 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. AHL Conception and President approval, May 22, 2010 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. May 1: Global Love Day. Congratulations and New philosophy of love from harmony in a new civilization: 01/05/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. FYI: GHA Letters to Barack Obama, Hilary Clinton, Denis Kucinich and the American physicists: 29/04/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. Russia and USA: First Practical Step to Nuclear Zero on a Way of Harmonious Civilization. 08/04/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. Harmony as a new, unknown, source of billions. I call you to study to earn money from harmony and for harmony!!! 28/03/10 (En, Ru)
News. Leo Semashko. Website “Peace from Harmony” for Harmonious Civilization: Updating Finish. February 25, 2010 (En, Ru)
14. Leo Semashko. The GHA fifth anniversary: results. February 21, 2010 (En, Ru)
14. Leo Semashko, Ada Aharoni, Reimon Bachika, Martha DeWitt, Bernard Scott. Jubilee congratulations to the GHA members with the fifth anniversary of the GHA. February 14, 2010 (En, Ru)
Projects, articles and etc. are 150:
1-5. Leo Semashko, Laj Utreja and Kae Morii. GHA Greetings in honor of the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21 (En, Ru)
1-14-2. Leo Semashko and Laj Utreja. June 21, 2010: First Global Harmony Day of Harmonious Civilization (En, Ru)
1-14-2-1. Leo Semashko and Laj Utreja. Harmonious Education: Today’s Top Priority for Children. GHA Message on Protection and Children’s Priority Day, June 1, 2010 (En, Ru)
2-1-10-1. Peter Sergienko. Sacred Geometry of harmony. Letter to Alexey Stakhov (Ru)
2-1-10-2. Peter Sergienko, Alexey Stakhov, Anatoly Kharitonov, Leo Semashko. Discussion on mathematics of harmony and its development in a harmonious civilization (Ru)
4-4-2. Tholana Chakravarthy. Humans Are Me. Poem (En)
4-6-5. Francis Fung. Why The World is not in Harmony? (En)
4-8-2. Ammar Banni. Poem for Astana Forum. Peace and evolution (En)
4-8-5. Ahmed Mansour. Islam: religion of peace (En)
4-10-2-2. Leo Semashko. Astana 2010: The First Forum of Spiritual Culture of a Harmonious Civilization. Report and 60 photos on the participation of the GHA delegation the World Forum of Spiritual Culture, Astana, October 8-10, 2010 (En, Ru)
4-10-2-2. Leo Semashko. Harmonious civilization and the priority of spiritual culture. Paper in Astana, October 2010 (En)
4-10-2-2. Nina Meyerhof. Children of the Earth: a member supporting the Noosphere Constitution. Paper at Astana, October 18-20, 2010 (En)
4-10-3. Dalai Lama. Many Faiths, one Truth (En)
4-12. Peter Goodchild. The Imminent Collapse of Industrial Society (En)
4-12. John Kozy. As Western Civilization Lies Dying (En)
4-15. Rene Wadlow. World Day of Social Justice (En, Ru)
4-15. Rene Wadlow. March 8: International Day of Women: Women as Peacemakers. The Bridge of Beauty and Understanding (En)
4-17. Glen T. Martin. History and Significance of the Earth Constitution (En)
5-2. Francisco Matos. Poem. Educating all children for HARMONY (En)
5-2-5. Susana Roberts. St. Valentine's Story. Poem: St. Valentine's day (En)
5-2-5. Susana Roberts. Poems. Peace. Little Mind (En)
5-2-10. Nina Yudina. Poem. The Global Harmony Association (En, Ru)
5-2-10. Svetlana and Yuri Zimbalist: Harmony of love, poetry and music. 18 Poems (Ru)
5-2-11. Hedva Robinson Bachrach: For Peace and Harmony. Five poems (En)
5-5. Leo Semashko. Harmonious Civilization Sculpture as a Symbol of United Humanity in a New Millennium (En, Ru)
5-9. Guy Crequie. Conference at the University of Tokyo on August 2, 2010 (En, Fr)
5-10. Ernesto Kahan. Sixty five years after the atomic destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. August 2010 (En)
5-10. Ernesto Kahan. Everlasting Peace from A-Genocide of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The nomination of Hiroshima/Nagasaki for the Nobel Peace Prize. Speech in University of Tokyo, August 2, 2010 (En)
5-13. Jose Lopera. Five Poems (En)
5-14. Apostolos Paschos. Poems: Harmony, Peace, Hiroshima and Nagasaki (En)
7-4-1-1. Leo Semashko. The Main Slogan for the 21st century: Learn, Learn and Learn again Harmony! Introductory Course to the Harmonious Civilization Theory (En, Ru)
7-4-1-2. Leo Semashko and coauthors. GHA Peace Project. "Israel - Palestine: Harmonization through Education instead Militarization" (En, Ru)
7-4-1-4. Department of Harmonious Civilization, for any University/College of the World (En, Ru)
7-4-1-3. School of Peace through Harmonious Education for youth of Israel and Palestine (En, Ru)
7-9-1. Paul Tsuplenkov. Living Lensovet (Ru)
7-9. Leo Semashko. “Sphere Democracy Group” in Petrosovet 1992: The First Political Sprout of a Harmonious Civilization And a Way for Exit of Russia from the Century Failure (En, Ru)
7-26. Alexey Stakhov. Response to the criticism of O. Akimov (Ru)
7-27-1. Alexey Stakhov. First International Congress on the Mathematician of Harmony (En, Ru)
7-27-1. Leo Semashko and GHA co-authors. GHA Leaflet. From mathematics of harmony of Alexey Stakhov to mathematics of the spheral four-dimensional fractals of a harmonious civilization (En, Ru)
7-27-1. Leo Semashko. Report on the First International Congress on Mathematics of Harmony (En, Ru)
7-27-1. Leo Semashko. Harmonious civilization, Tetranet Thinking and Mathematics of Harmony (Ru)
12-5. Leo Semashko. Anatomy of Logic and Psychology of the "Islamic" conflict in GHA: Analysis and Conclusions (En, Ru)
12-5. Ernesto Kahan, Bernard Scott and others. Responses on the "Islamic" conflict in GHA (En, Ru)
13-27. Dominica McBride, Matjaz Mulej, Victoria Osipchik, Laj Utreja, Eduard Soroko. Reviews of Harmonious Civilization (En, Ru)
13-27. Anastasia Dolgosheva. The Harmonious Developed. Interview with Leo Semashko in the newspaper “Petersburg Vedomosti” on March 23, 2010 (En, Ru)
13-28. Leo Semashko and coauthors. RUSSIA, FORWARD! To harmonious civilization! (En, Ru)
13-29. Leo Semashko and coauthors. CLUB-2009: Global Political Organisation for Harmonious Civilization (En, Ru)
14. Congratulations of the GHA 46 members of the 15 countries with the GHA fifth anniversary (En, Ru)
14-1. Leo Semashko. GHA: Results of 2010 and Perspectives for 2011 (En, Ru)
14-2. Leo Semashko, Laj Utreja, Ernesto Kahan and Kae Morii. Global Harmony Association (GHA) Sixth Anniversary. Message (En, Ru)
15. Leo Semashko. Addresses at the Philosophy and Sociology Institutions of the Russian Academy (Ru)
15-1. Leo Semashko. Mathematics of harmonious civilization (MHC): Letter to Grigory Perelman (Ru)
15. Leo Semashko and 17 coauthors. Academy of Harmonious Leadership: Conception and Modules (En, Ru)
16. Leo Semashko. Programm and Statement for the ISA new TG: “Global Sociology of Harmonious Civilization” (En, Ru)
16-1. Leo Semashko. Massive Change of Sociology to Global Social Harmony. The report on participation in the Sociological Congress (En, Ru)
16-1-1. Michael Burawoy, ISA new President. Facing the Challenges of Global Sociology (En, Ru)
16-1-2. Yuan T. Lee, Nobel Prize on Chemistry. Energy, Environment and the Future of Mankind (En, Ru)
16-1-3. Margaret Archer, ISA President 1986-1990. The Current Crisis: Consequences of Neglecting the Four Key Principles of Catholic Social Doctrine (En, Ru)
16-1-4. Michel Wieviorka. ISA President 2006-2010. Sociology on the move (En, Ru)
16-1-5. Leo Semashko. Global Education as Harmonious Education of Global Harmonious Civilization (En, Ru)
16-1-6. Mary Luz Sandoval. Colombian Sociology in a context of violence and terror (En, Ru)
Global Harmony Association (GHA) Sixth Anniversary. Message. February 12, 2011
Dear GHA Members and friends:
February 15, 2011 marks the sixth anniversary of the GHA. We are grateful for your continued support and solidarity and wish you health, happiness and harmony in your lives!
Let us briefly summarize the past year, our achievements and shortcomings, and define our role in the contemporary world situation. This was the first year of a harmonious civilization, born in 2009.
For the past year the number of the GHA members has increased by 70 people to 460. The number of the countries represented in the GHA has increased from 48 to 56. The number of pages added on our site, “Peace from Harmony” has increased from 290 to 330. The number of the site visits has increased by more than 500,000 to more than 2.2 million.
The GHA delegations participated in three major International Congresses: Sociology in Gothenburg (July 2010), Mathematics in Odessa (October 2010) and Spiritual Culture in Astana (October 2010). Reports of our participation in the congresses were published. These and similar conferences in the past year, in the general direction to harmony, is yet another confirmation of the birth of a harmonious civilization in 2009, which began immediately to know itself at the different layers of spiritual culture.
Another no less important activity undertaken by the GHA in the past year was the creation of its national offices in four countries: Ukraine, Liberia, Pakistan and Israel with Palestine. In total now, we have 6 branches. In addition, there is a preparation for the offices in Kazakhstan, Greece, India, Rwanda and Bulgaria.
The main thrust of our collective work is to collectively create the various projects of global harmony. We discussed and approved about 10 such projects, including 4 educational along with media publicity through television, translated in 10 languages. Our projects reflect the GHA mission – pave the conscious way for a harmonious civilization in which self-consciousness can come only through an appropriate, harmonious education. Therefore, our focus is education. The principal significance of our Academies and Schools of Harmony lies in the fact that they appear on the boundary between the industrial and harmonious civilizations. They form the bridge of non-violent transition across the chasm between the two civilizations for different communities, regions and countries.
Lastyear,the GHAcontributedtoglobalpeaceof harmoniouscivilization, developinga Nuclear Zero project, which began in2009withan agreement between Russia and theUnited States, as well asthe Praguespeechof U.S. PresidentObama. The GHAmembersparticipatedinpeaceconferencesinTokyoand the MiddleEast,for the 65th anniversary ofthe atomicbombings of Hiroshima andNagasaki.
With all the GHA successes accomplished in the past year, a major flaw was also noted. Unfortunately, our members are still deprived of the scientific knowledge of harmonious civilization and the ABC of global harmony. Without this knowledge, we cannot be successful in achieving our mission, especially in the educational projects. We cannot teach others the alphabet of harmony without first knowing it ourselves. Therefore, the knowledge of a harmonious civilization must now be the first requirement for each member of the GHA. This is especially important in today's aggravating situation of regional and global tensions, which can be defused only through the knowledge of social harmony embodied in the educational, informational and political institutions. Social harmony can only be based on this knowledge and relevant institutions, the need of which is growing rapidly in the modern world.
During the last several weeks we witnessed massive waves of protests and riots in Tunisia and Egypt that have expanded, like an epidemic, to other countries in the region such as Algeria, Yemen and Jordan. Most analysts are predicting increasingly more confrontations and conflicts, not only in the Arab countries, but in the entire world. Therefore, an institution such as GHA, which provides the greatest ideology to achieve a universal peace through harmony, is important and significant.
Prof. Ernesto Kahan*, the 1st GHA Vice President wrote in 2010, “Our civilization never, in all its history, was under two real opposed feasibilities. on the one hand, through slow destruction of the environment by the use of atomic weapons, it faces the possibility to completely exterminate the life on Earth. on the other hand, through the necessary level of development that the human society has reached, it is now possible to totally eliminate hunger in the world-what seemed incredible just few years ago-and also to achieve a universal contract of harmony that will assure the peaceful relationship among the countries. But, what does harmony mean? For me harmony is the state of equilibrium among the components of a system that by nature tend to entropy. Harmony should be the basis for the peaceful coexistence among nations and political agreements. Harmony can never be eternal and complete, but is essential in the present stage of our civilization if mankind have to survive.”
At this crucial time in the history of humankind, the GHA is a key institution which offers means to achieve peace from harmony. In the face of the multitudes of local and regional confrontations, it is necessary to explore the real possibility to achieve peace.Thus far the conflicts have been mitigated through hegemony, or in other words, defeating the enemy.Continuing this trend to resolve global tensions would result in irreparable universal catastrophe.
At the entrance of the new millennium, when the prevalent ideologies were at odds with reality, arose GHA, a new world civic institution, which offers to humanity the necessary philosophical and political ideology for the continuity of civilization and social progress through harmony on the way to global peace.
We welcome you in the dialogues for peace from harmony!
We congratulate you for a successful year in harmony and many thanks for your contributions in it!
Dr. Leo Semashko,
Prof. Ernesto Kahan, GHA 1st Vice President, Israel
Dr. Laj Utreja,
GHA – Japan President
*Prof. Emeritus Ernesto Kahan. Tel Aviv University, Israel
1st Vice President of Global Harmony Association (GHA)
1st Vice President - World Academy of Arts and Culture
President-Israel Physicians for Peace and Preservation of the Environment
& Former Vice President of IPPNW (Organization awarded Nobel Peace Prize 1985)
Co-Executive President of UHE Hispano-American Writers Union
Vice President-IFLAC (Intl Forum for Literature and Culture of Peace)
Review. Documentary Zeitgeist. Step to Harmony through Industrialism Collapse
Today I saw a large (161 minutes) documentary film by American producer Peter Joseph: Zeitgeist: Moving Forward (2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w), which made a huge impression and forced to think again about the world situation and its interpretation. Below is my review of it.
The film is divided into two unequal parts: a negative or critical, occupies about three-quarters of the time and positive, which occupies the remaining quarter. This film, as well as other films by Peter Joseph is very popular: they were watching hundreds of people millions.
Authors of the film are the American technical scientists under the ideological leadership of 94 year old industrial designer, engineer and futurist Jacque Fresco from Florida, who offered to refuse from the money, market, government, business and advertising agents to live in his ideal cities, drawn on paper.
The authors talk about the collapse of the U.S. and monetary-market system of industrialism (industrial civilization), in which America is the leader. In this they see zeitgeist, which is disclosed in the corresponding theses of the film below.
- The social pathologies, war, terror, poverty as a higher violence is good for industrialism, especially for the U.S.
- Here prevails a perverted value system of unlimited consumerism, which constantly reproduces the violence and in which people are transformed into unfeeling robots.
- The market economy and monetary system are faulty and their economic theories are false, only praising the economic delirium of paradigm of infinite growth.
- This leads the U.S. and industrialism to the inevitable collapse. The U.S. wealth makes them more vulnerable for economic collapse.
- The new civilization is necessary. It must begin with the limited resources of the Earth, with “recourse- orientation economy." It is based on the systems theory, dynamic equilibrium and harmony of resources. Its main goal is harmony with nature.
- The main way to achieve the goal is the rejection from the market, governments, stock exchanges, and most importantly – from the money. The documentary protracted end is devoted to the mystical, pathos and anarchic refusal of the crowd of non-poor people from money, flinging cases with dollars to the bank bottom.
I fully share the authors' main conclusion about the inevitable collapse of industrialism and the need for harmony with nature. At the same time, I see in the documentary many fundamental flaws that I expressed in the following critical comments.
- The authors see only one, the negative trend of our time, leading industrial civilization (industrialism) to collapse. But they do not see, do not know the facts and do not realize the other, the opposite trend: the emergence of a harmonious civilization (harmonism). Just these two polar tendencies of modernity and historical change of the first trend by priority of the second one is the true ZEITGEIST. These trends are analyzed in the Global Harmony Association, in GHA (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=382). Ignorance of the alternative trend, embodied in 2009 in the birth of a harmonious civilization, does not allow the authors to understand the real zeitgeist.
- The saddest thing in this movie is the lack of a new positive value, which would give new meaning to the life of societies and people, uniting and inspiring them. This value can only be harmony. This word is pronounced in the film passing 2-3 times without defining it. But its mention evidences the relevant authors’ intuition, however, deprived of its scientific understanding. It was first presented in the GHA, in its projects for 6 years, especially in the "Declaration of Harmonious Civilization» (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=375), as well as in the book "Harmonious Civilization” (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379).
- Harmony with nature is the dream of the filmmakers. But it is impossible without social harmony within society, about that they, unfortunately, did not have the slightest idea. It is unfolded in the first approximation in the GHA program book "Harmonious civilization."
- The authors restrict the understanding of society actually by one economy, as well as contemporary economists, the theory of who failed. Therefore, the filmmakers reduce the essence of the new society to the old, industrial, economic priority, only to redefine it as "recourse- orientation economy" that does not change its traditional priorities of things and consumerism. The crisis of industrial economic theories is overcome in a model of a harmonious economy (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=414).
- The authors do not see a deep multidimensional social disharmony generating collapse of industrialism. This disharmony is not eliminated at the level of the economy even "recourse- orientation economy”, but at the level of deep multidimensional structure of social harmony, the four fundamental, equally necessary and sufficient, spheres of society: sociosphere, infosphere, orgsphere, and technosphere. Overcoming the disharmony of these spheres is only possible in a harmonious civilization based on scientific knowledge of the laws of harmony presented in the GHA book "Harmonious Civilization" (above).
- The authors identify the U.S. collapse with the collapse of the world. But it is not so, because other than the U.S. local civilizations have more great potential of historical and cultural harmony than the U.S.: China, Europe, India, Russia and Moslem world.
- The absence of a general theory of society and the knowledge of two alternative trends of modern social development generates futurological helplessness of the movie, which is overcome in the GHA theory and projects of global harmony. The film positive part is powerless to show real output in the scientific vision of the future, a place of which it occupies an interesting but unfounded design utopia.
- Unfortunately, the authors mentality remains industrial and one-dimensional. It begins and ends with the economy. In it a human with his knowledge and education is extended to backyard. First, we need to harmonize human and his thinking (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=400), and the economy and everything else - later. only harmonious human can breathe harmony into all social institutions, including economic ones: money market, stock exchanges, banks, etc.
- The authors, unfortunately, ignore the education and nothing to do with it. But only education is a source and a catalyst for change. Make a person by harmonious can only harmonious general education, unfolded in the GHA nine education projects GHA (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=461). Any harmonious change in society can only begin with a harmonious human thought, which begins with its harmonious education. only human creates all the resources and all the institutions, the harmony of which depends only from harmony of human and his thinking.
- Despair of the authors from social illiteracy leads them to the anarchist rejection of proven economic institutions of society: money, market, etc. They do not offer anything constructive in return and do not realize that without them society will perish. They can not imagine the possibility of their cardinal, harmonious transformation, which for a number of institutions, such as a harmonious currency proposed in the GHA project (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=390). The transformation of these institutions took place in the history steadily. Our time is no exception of it.
1. This film is a good illustration and proof of the theory of a harmonious civilization in part of the inevitable collapse of industrialism. Therefore, I urge all to see this remarkable, in own way, film! Compare it with the GHA book dedicated to a harmonious civilization, and finds the zeitgeist!
2. For each item of criticism the GHA has a positive alternative. Therefore, the GHA could fill this lack and create own documentary film for 60-90 minutes: Zeitgeist: from Industrialism to Harmonism. But for this movie requires about 20 thousand dollars. Can anyone of the GHA members to donate this amount, or find it to create this film? It would be the GHA breakthrough in the media.
Dr. Leo Semashko,
A New Year Message from the GHA
December 25, 2010
2011 is the second year of a ‘Harmonious Civilization (HC).’ This baby is only one year old, and incapable to protect itself from its environment replete with violence, terrorism and war. The GHA and our friends must protect this beautiful baby. The first step in this direction is to provide a proper schooling for the HC children. This requires development of sociology (science) of a HC to introduce the alphabet and language of social harmony in the grade school curriculums all over the world. This education and upbringing will nurture fellowship and harmony among the children to prevent ethnic and religious strife.
Next, we need to create the Academies of Harmony for the training of teachers and government officials who are able to harmoniously resolve any social problems. Equally important is engaging the media, especially TV about HC, which will maintain its identity. For the general population, we must create the Centers of Harmonization, which will teach people solve the family and domestic conflicts harmoniously. For the governments of warring countries, we need to create projects such as, “Harmonization and not Militarization.” Simultaneously, we need to create artistic images of a HC in different art forms: sculpture, poetry, music, similar to the Statue of Liberty, the Christ-Redeemer, Schiller’s Ode of Joy, and Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, which would inspire and unite humanity in the new dream of the 21st century – the dream of global HC.
To carry out the projects already created by the GHA, we must establish the GHA offices in each country with different manifestations. The GHA offices already exist in 5 countries; and the different manifestations of the GHA offices may be scientific: sociology, mathematics, philosophy, journalism, and so on, or in art form: music, poetry, sculpture, architecture, etc. The different manifestations will ensure the development of spiritual culture of a HC and assure its longevity.
The GHA mission is: Establish peace from harmony or pave the conscious way for a HC and guard it by people of goodwill on Earth who want peace without war, terror and violence, and who want prosperity for all nations on one common Spaceship Earth.
The GHA wishes you and the HC baby a Happy New Year 2011 in our warm and secure circle around the world!
Leo Semashko, Ph.D.
Prof. Ernesto Kahan, GHA First Vice President,
Vice-President, IPPNW: Nobel Peace Prize 1985
Laj Utreja, Ph.D.
GHA – Japan President
GHA: Results of 2010 and Prospects for 2011
GHA: Results of 2010 and Prospects for 2011
Approved by the GHA on December 6, 2010
In Russian: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=479
In English: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=448
The most important point we must emphasize: 2010 is the first anniversary of the global harmonious civilization on the threshold of which humanity entered November 1, 2009: it is the date of publication in the English language the GHA joint program book "Harmonious Civilization” (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379). This book contains the first collection of facts, the first Declaration, the first scientific explanation of this civilization, the first alphabet of social harmony and the ABC of its spiritual culture. Birth of a harmonious civilization is a worthy new date for "Harmonious Era Calendar", created in the GHA in 2006.
How reliable is our explanations and evidences to be seen by time. Already this year has brought new facts of its evidences. Already this year was about 10 independent from each other scientific and cultural events in the world who feel and prove it. It is our new modernity! For GHA this year was the first time the spread of this good and encouraging news at various conferences, leaflets, papers, brochures, new members and other events. What results we noted the first year of a harmonious civilization?
The GHA results of 2010:
- The GHA number exceeded 400 members from 48 countries of the world and established two branches of GHA: USA and Japan.
- Establishment in January-November, three new projects of the GHA: Harmonious Leadership Academy; Kazakhstan - Harmonism Strategy for the 21st century; Russia, Forward, towards Harmonious Civilization. Total number of the GHA global harmony projects reached 25.
- Publication of two booklets: Kazakhstan - Harmonism Strategy for the 21st century (20p); Russia, Forward, towards Harmonious Civilization (30p – only Russian). Number of the GHA books and brochures reached 6.
- Creation of five new leaflets of GHA for: Sociological Congress in Gothenburg; 65 anniversary of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; International Peace Day on September 21; the First Congress on Mathematics of Harmony in Odessa; and World Forum of Spiritual Culture in Astana.
- Creating the GHA Higher Award "Harmony Crystal" for Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev, this has been transferred to him in Astana at the Forum. It is Dr. Laj Utreja’s – GHA-USA President – great contribution at first.
- Participation of the GHA delegations and members in four international events related to harmony: World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg - 6 members (July), First International Congress on Mathematics of Harmony - 7 members (October), World Forum of Spiritual Culture - 14 members of 10 countries (October); Philosophical orientations Russia: harmony, synthesis, quality - 4 members (November).
- Holding the first training session on alphabet of social harmony within the first Academy of Harmony in Astana on October 19, 2010.
- Creation of 28 new pages on the website "Peace from harmony", a visit which exceeded 2,1 million visits. Publication of more than 200 new informational materials was on it, including about 20 translations into different languages.
- Creating the GHA Department "Golden Proportions of Harmonious Civilization”: President Prof. Alexey Stakhov, Vice-Presidents: Dr. Scott Olsen (USA) and Dr. Tatiana Egorova (Ukraine).
- The revival of poetry contest and anthology of texts for the creation of the Harmony Hymn under the leadership of GHA Vice-President and the Nobel Laureate Ernesto Kahan.
- Publication of several articles on the GHA in Greek newspapers (Dimitris Kraniotis and Takis Ioannides), Romanian newspapers (Tatomir Ion Marius) and the St. Petersburg newspaper (Anastasia Dolgosheva).Takis Ioannides’ TV interviews and lectures in Athens.
- Establishment the GHA Informational Order, as part of its Statutes, harmonizing the relationship of different religious beliefs within the GHA.
The main purpose of last year and next: the creation of the Academy of Social Harmony in any country in the world. The main shortcoming in the GHA ισ a very low level of publishing articles and PR about the GHA: only in Greece, Romania and St. Petersburg.
All our achievements are a common result, in which there is some contribution of the GHA each member, so everyone is commendable.
2011 is the second year of a harmonious civilization of humanity, and the second year into Harmonious Era Calendar. This infancy require special care and development, especially the skills to go on the different countries, learn the harmony alphabet and talk about self. The GHA Perspectives (Program) for 2011 is dedicated to this evolution.
The GHA Perspectives (Program) for 2011:
1. Finish the reports (with pictures) of the Congresses in Odessa and Astana.
2. Continue to search the country and funding for the creation of the Harmony Academy. Letters on this subject will be to the Presidents of Costa Rica: Charles Mercieca, Laj Utreja and Leo Semashko and Greece: Dimitris P. Kraniotis, Laj Utreja and Leo Semashko.
3. The GHA Letter to sculptors of the world with a proposal to hold a world contest to create a sculpture “Harmonious Civilization" as a unifying and inspiring spiritual symbol for humanity of the 21st century. (GHA has an image of this sculpture and will offer it for discussion by members of GHA).
4. The GHA Letter to mathematicians of the world with an invitation to solve the hypothesis (task) of harmonious proportions for the spheral social fractals. (This idea was offer in Odessa).
5. The GHA Letter to composers of the world with a proposal to hold a world contest for the creation of the Harmony Hymn.
6. The GHA Letter to billionaires of the world, especially the 40 philanthropists in the U.S., with an invitation to create the Harmonious Civilization Foundation, aimed primarily at creating the Harmony Academies and Harmony Schools all over the world.
7. Complete the formation of the GHA branches in Liberia, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, China, Kazakhstan and Bulgaria. Recommend to all national offices of GHA to form and to submit for public discussion in their country of a national project: "Harmonism Strategy for the 21st century" or "Forward, towards Harmonious Civilization". Establishment of the Academies of Social Harmony in each such country is the first step in the implementation of this project. Projects-analogues are: Kazakhstan - Harmonism Strategy for the 21st century: (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=445) and: Russia, Forward, towards Harmonious Civilization (in Russian): (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=435).
8. Create a website for the Harmonious Leadership Academy and begin its work in the mode of distance learning.
9. Create a group "Sociocybernetics of Harmonious Civilization" in RC51 Sociocybernetics of the International Sociological Association (ISA) with invitation: Drs Bernard Scott, Bernd Hornung, Margaret Maas, Mary Luz Robayo, Leo Semashko, etc.
10. Create the ISA Thematic Group "Sociology of Harmonious Sociology" with an invitation to it not only sociologists, but also other members of the GHA, as well as other related organizations.
11. Create the GHA Vice-president for comparative sociological studies of the spheral classes of the population in: EU, USA, China, India and Russia: Dr. Ananta Kumar Giri
12. Create the GHA Vice-president for children's priority: Dr. Tholana Chakravarthy
13. Create the GHA Vice-president group responsible for PR on different continents: Guy Crequie and Renato Corsetti (Europe), Charles Mercieca (North America), Heli Habyarimana (Africa), Steve Rajan and Ananta Kumar Giri (Asia), Prof, Hou Jinglin and Prof, Zhao Xiangze from Beijing (China) and Maria Cristina Azcona (South America).
14. Create the GHA Vice-president for the music Festivals of Harmony: Leonid Timoshenko.
15. Create the GHA Vice-president group responsible for the formation of the GHA national offices on different continents, and world languages: Prof. Ernesto Kahan - Spanish-speaking countries, Jean Basabose - African countries; Steve Rajan and Ananta Kumar Giri - Asian countries.
16. Continue to work on the GHA textbook for the Academy of Harmony.
17. Correct the GHA Statutes and Board with regard to new ideas and organizational changes in the GHA.
18. Announce contest for Youth GHA President.
19. Prepared and tested in university the lectures of the GHA scientists on a topic: Harmonious Civilization: History, Modernity, Science and Political Future.
20. Prepare a project of educational and discussion program for TV broadcast: "The Future: Harmonious Civilization, or What?"
21. Prepare the GHA application (by December 31, 2010) to GRAWEMEYER AWARD FOR IDEAS IMPROVING WORLD ORDER: Dr. Laj Utreja and Leo Semashko.
22. Take part and form a delegation to the next world event: Congress on Mathematics of Harmony in Odessa; World Forum of Spiritual Culture in Astana (18-20 October); Celebrating the birthday of Confucius in China in September (Lana Yang’s proposal).
23. Turning Forum of "Peace from harmony" in the active tool of constant debate in the GHA: Leo Semashko, Ivan Ivanov and the GHA VPs for PR.
24. Complete the formation of the GHA Memorandum on Harmony Ethics.
25. Start preparing the "World Encyclopedia of Harmony" in both paper and electronic forms, including on the Internet like Wikipedia: Alexander Olshansky.
26. Prepare the charter for the GHA-USA and solicit membership: Laj Utreja.
27. Publication the GHA books and reviews them in the different sociological journals and publishing houses, such as Sillabapress in Colombia: Mary Luz Robayo.
The strategy of these perspectives is simple: overcome the misunderstanding and lack of recognition of the inevitability of a harmonious civilization through various ways and methods of different social spheres: Sociosphere (education), Infosphere (different forms of science, spirituality and media), Orgsphere (institutional variety) and the Technosphere (physical and economic forms).
GHA Greetings in honor of the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21
Global Harmony Association (GHA)
Since 2005, GHA is an international NGO uniting more 400 members in 48 countries and more than one million participants from the GHA collective members in 80 countries. Web: www.peacefromharmony.org
GHA Mission is to bring peace from harmony
OR: Pave the conscious way for harmonious civilization.
People, come together in harmony for eternal peace!
September 18, 2010
To the UN and World Peacemaking Organizations
In honor of the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21
The Global Harmony Association (GHA) is happy to congratulate the UN and all peace organizations of the planet on the International Day of Peace and wish a transformation of peace thinking and peace culture in accordance with the 21st century realities.
We live in an industrial civilization in which peace is held on the power of the weapon under the old paradigm of thinking, "If you want peace - prepare for war."Correspondingly, the military expenditures have steadily increased each year. The situation has not changed in the 21st century. Any peace movement is powerless in the current environment. Therefore, a fundamental shift is needed to move away from the old paradigm to a new thinking of ‘peace and peaceful culture’ suitable for the new century ant its new civilization.
Over the past 5 years, the GHA has developed a public sociology of civil society, the social ideal of which is harmonious civilization as a method of survival for humanity. It is based on the principles of peace, justice, fraternity and prosperity for all peoples and provides an exit from a deadlock of degenerating industrial civilization. The GHA has created more than 20 projects of global harmony (including three direct peace projects) and has published 4 books. The GHA has found more than 65 facts confirming the trend of global harmonization since 1947, which in 2009 has resulted in the birth of a harmonious civilization. Its origin is associated with the emergence in 2009 of its first three global features:
1. Beginning of nuclear disarmament of the USA and Russia, which in principle, not conducive to the militaristic, constantly arming industrial civilization,
2. Appearance of its first theoretical model (GHA book "Harmonious Civilization»: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379), and
3. Publication of the cornerstone book of Prof. Alexei Stakhov (Canada) "Mathematics of Harmony", which laid the foundations of mathematics of a new civilization (http://www.worldscibooks.com/mathematics/6635.html).
In 2010, we witnessed another economic confirmation of the new civilization through an unprecedented philanthropy of the 40 USA billionaires by their conscious self-limitation and disposition of the most of their personal wealth in the direction to develop the social capital – education and health.
The recent examples of the social confirmation of the new civilization are: the EU since 1992, and China since 2006 in building a harmonious society, both covering about 2 billion people - nearly a third of mankind.
These facts indicate the ascent of humanity to the threshold of a harmonious civilization, in which the destructive power of weapons will be replaced by the power of thought and culture of harmonious peace as Peace from Harmony, "If you want peace - build harmonious civilization/society." It is Peace from Harmony. It is an eternal harmonious peace, which is possible only in harmonious civilization through global harmonious education since childhood.
We are competent in the language of disharmonious industrialism: wars, conflicts, violence, crises, etc. But we are all ignorant in social and individual harmony, which solely maybe by the source and cause of eternal peace. We do not know even its alphabet: 20 fundamental elements (spheres), the harmony of which provides eternal peace. Alphabet, language and thought of harmony for the first time presented in the GHA book "Harmonious Civilization." Recognition of a new (harmonious) peace thinking and new (harmonious) peace culture will be the most effective achievement and change of the peace movement today.
The GHA initiatives for the UN and international peace organizations are:
1.Recognize the UN Mission on the 21st century transition to a culture of harmonious peace, an annual reduction of military expenditures by all states of the world at 2% per year and nuclear disarmament to 2020.
2.Invite billionaires of the world to establish under the UN auspices the Civic Peace Foundation of Harmonious Civilization for building of institutions of global harmonious education as the main generator of eternal peace from harmony.
3.Organize in September 21, 2011 under the UN auspices the World Civic Forum "Peace from Harmony".
GHA President, Dr. Leo Semashko, Russia
GHA-USA President, Dr. Laj Utreja
GHA-Japan President, Kae Morii
World Congress of Sociology, July 2010, Gothenburg: Move to Harmony
Massive change in sociology to global social harmony
Report on participation in the Congress
XVII World Congress of Sociology, International Sociological Association (ISA), was in Sweden, in a small (900,000 population) and green Gothenburg, 11-17 July 2010. Schedule of the 700 Congress Sessions as well as its other features the reader can be found at the ISA website: http://www.isa-sociology.org/congress2010. The Congress registered more than 5,000 participants from 104 countries that characterize its global scope and importance for understanding contemporary social trends.
I shall fix only on the three aspects of the Congress: 1. Its general ideological orientation, 2. My work in Congress and 3. Its significance for Global Harmony Association (GHA). I'll start in reverse order.
1. I will say at once: the Congress was very rich in new people and new ideas for the GHA. This is the main result. We found many new supporters of the GHA. Main new idea: to create on the GHA initiative a new Thematic Group (TG) in ISA to institutionalize "public sociology" of harmonious civilization started in the GHA over 5 years ago and presented in the GHA 20 projects and 4 books. Another idea: co-sociological study of the dynamics of spheral classes of the population in U.S., Russia, China and Sweden with the Swedish National Data Service. The Congress was attended besides me 5 members of the GHA: Bernard Scott of Britain, Reimon Bachika from Japan, Ananta Giri and Maitreyee Roy from India, as well as Kuseyn Isaev of Kyrgyzstan. All of them, in one way or another, helped in distributing our leaflets and books on Congress.
2. My main work at the Congress has been distributing leaflets and books "Harmonious Civilization”, which were the effective tool for acquaintance and intercourse with sociologists from different countries. I brought in Congress more than 50 books, of which I could sell only two copies, and the rest I gave sociological youth and elite, as well as sociologists from developing countries. (I noticed that at such congresses the books almost no one is buying for reasons of cost, availability of the Internet and their heaviness in transportation). I printed 500 flyers for the Congress in the English language (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=436). Leaflets have been the most effective information tool that has attracted attention and was perceived by the public willingly. I gave them on the Presidential and other Sessions, as well as at the table with our books.
Here I acquainted with more than 40 sociologists who are interested in the book, and whom I have invited to join the GHA and its projects. Our book, along with a flyer, I gave to the ISA sociological elite: new President Michael Burawoy from the U.S.; former ISA Presidents: Michel Wieviorka, Piotr Sztompka, Alberto Martinelli and Margaret Archer; as well as such outstanding sociologists as Alan Touraine from France, Jeffrey Alexander, Craig Calhoun and Saskia Sassen from the USA; Li Peilin - Director of the Institute of Sociology of China; Eliza Rise of Brazil, the Nobel Laureate in Chemistry - a keynote speaker at the Congress - Professor Yuan Lee – President Emeritus of Academia Sinica in Taiwan; Manuel Castells from Spain; the former Minister for Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Jan Eliasson; and many others. Almost one in ten members of Congress received our leaflet with information about GHA and its program book. I have not seen on the Congress other similar books and leaflets. There were many but they were limited by various private and traditional aspects of society. Although, I do not exclude, that I have not seen anything: all the Congress information was impossible to reach. In addition, I participated in the Presidential and some other Sessions, and spoke at the RC51 Session with the paper "Global Education as Harmonious Education of Global Harmonious Civilization."
3. Now the ideological trends and achievements of the Congress. In order to reflex with them, I created on the GHA website "Peace from Harmony" the bilingual (Russian and English) seven new pages, united in a new special section:
International Sociological Association: Move towards Sociology of Global Harmony
On this page I published the ISA new TG Program and Statement drafts. These documents are virtually summarize the ideological crossing GHA and ISA at the Congress in Gothenburg. Under this section, I opened another six pages.
XVII World Congress of Sociology, Gothenburg, July 2010: Start to Understand Social Harmony
On this page I published my report. It is two rows of my vision of the Congress: the visual, which includes about 40 photographs, and mental, includes the most important ideas.
To this page adjoins a few personal pages of the ISA prominent sociologists and keynote speakers from Congress, with the publication of their brief biographical data, photos and papers (with comments), which they kindly sent me for publication and translation:
Michael Burawoy, ISA new President. Facing the Challenges of Global Sociology
The central idea of the ISA new President is global sociology as "my most ambitious project”, called to respond to the global challenges. This is a new and very important idea in the ISA strategy. If we acknowledge that humanity entered on the threshold of a harmonious civilization, then global sociology gain the appropriate quality. This new ISA strategy pushed me the idea of establishing in ISA the relevant Thematic Group: “Global Sociology of Harmonious civilization”, which found enough wide support in my discussions of this idea in Congress.
Yuan T. Lee, Nobel Prize on Chemistry. Energy, Environment and the Future of Mankind
Lee’s conclusion of deep analytical paper laid in the fact that humanity is living beyond its means, not by the resources that can provide the Earth. To solve this global problem can not any country but only all nations together as “one community”. In private conversation after the lecture I asked the question: "Do you agree that one community is a harmonious community or harmonious civilization?" At that Prof. Lee replied unequivocally: "I agree with this completely." This once again proves acceptability of harmonious civilization to the different scientists, peoples and cultures. We agree with the theme of the joint article: "One Earth, one Community and one Harmonious Civilization."
Margaret Archer, ISA President 1986-1990. The Current Crisis: Consequences of Neglecting the Four Key Principles of Catholic Social Doctrine
Margaret Archer, analyzing the sociology evolution since 1970s, reproached the sociologist with ignoring the theoretical researches of the major events of modernity: the Berlin Wall fall, the causes of economic and financial crises and so on (to it is necessary to add and start of nuclear zero in 2009). This allowed her to refer sociology to the "part of the contextual cause rather than its cure" (i.e. removed it from the interests of civil society) and to reproach it in "steady abandonment of ‘systematic sociology’ and the almost feverish production of ‘catch-phrase’ caricatures, each merely extrapolating one societal feature observable at the empirical level". We think that this abandonment and degradation of sociology are connected not only with degradation of industrial society, which it is served, but the absence of progressive systemic object, which appeared only in 2009 with birth of a harmonious civilization. Starting from Catholic Social Doctrine (which, in essence, is a harmonious one) Archer explores the "hostility" to human being nature the various individualistic models of industrial society, accelerating its crisis and devastating for the human. It is the models of ‘atomistic’, or ‘economic’, or ‘one-dimensional’, or ‘homo economicus’, or ‘homo sociologicus’ (or ‘Organization Man’), who “become subservient ‘dopes’ – extinguished as people and without the initiative”, who “do not need society”, “who contributes nothing to the ‘common good’ and to social solidarity” but involved in the fatal antagonism and is expressed as a lack of social structure. This de-humanization is expressed by “the contradictory formula: ”. The human rights in this models “can penalize racist acts and public abuse, it cannot legislate racial harmony let alone fraternity into being” and cannot serve to “the common good”. Archer, in her brilliant analytical research, unfolds that social theory together “with Marxism dead … and with Parsons in demise, died any serious concern with social integration” … has no “resources with which to conceive of a robust civil society”. “The sociological imagination during industrial capitalism generated no alternatives for the macro-conceptualization of late modernity” and lost "fraternity", "solidarity" and “subsidiarity” (necessary structural diversity). With the birth in 2009 of a harmonious civilization (“civilization of love” as was articulated by Benedict XVI in Archer’s quote) and its macro-conceptualization in the GHA book “Harmonious Civilization” (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379) these lost quality of sociological theorizing and imagination not only restored but also rise to a new level of global sociology of harmonious society and corresponding harmonious social thinking. This sociology has all the resources "to conceive of a robust civil society" within a deep structure of its social harmony and finding in it the lost fraternity and also new, harmonious, solidarity and subsidiarity. It is a real response to the challenges of global sociology of the latest modernity.
Michel Wieviorka. ISA President 2006-2010. Sociology on the move
Michel Wieviorka’s keynote speech was devoted to the move of sociology to new areas, its “massive change” and globalization, which included all regions of the world. Social globalization is accompanied by progress of individualization, which is opposed to globalization. Three questions remain open in sociology: general theory, scientific character of sociology and participation in public life. These questions, in my view, are solved in the perspective of sociological move to the new global domain: harmonious civilization.
From the GHA papers are published:
Leo Semashko. GHA President. Global Education as Harmonious Education of Global Harmonious Civilization
My paper was devoted to global harmonious education as the basic generating mechanism of a harmonious civilization, at least in four aspects. First, only it is capable to transform the spheral classes of the population from spontaneous in conscious actors of social harmony or harmonious civilization. Secondly, only it provides these classes with scientific knowledge of building this civilization at all levels: global, regional, national and local. Thirdly, only it creates the person adequate to this civilization: homo harmonicus. Fourthly, creating the harmonious (multidimensional instead of one-dimensional) human resource, which unique makes all resources, harmonious education harmonizes all other social resources through the person: information, including culture and religion; organisation, including finance (money) and democracy; and economy, including markets, property, competition, incomes and environment. Harmonious education provides conscious, peaceful and nonviolent evolution of a harmonious civilization.
This education is harmonious in four moments: on the purpose, content, way and executors-educators who will prepare by the corresponding Academies of Harmony, the initial projects of which are prepared in the GHA.
We should also mention the Chinese papers. Chinese scientists: Professor Li Peilin, Director of the Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and sociology Professor Hong Dayong, Renmin University, Beijing spoke about building a harmonious society in China as a new scientific and practical strategy of strengthening China’s sustainability. Of course, for them the idea of a harmonious civilization (society) was the closest and they talked about changing sociology in this direction.
Publication of the papers will continue.
In these reports reflects the two main ideological aspirations: to global sociology and to the sociology of social harmony and harmonious civilization. These actual trends find the best scientific and practical connection, from my point of view, in creation of the ISA new Thematic Group: Global Sociology of Harmonious Civilization. Its initial Program and Statement were published:
These documents, as well as my report and the papers with the comments, are offered for discussion by the ISA and GHA members.
August 22, 2010
June 21, 2010: First Global Harmony Day of Harmonious Civilization
June 21, 2010: First Global Harmony Day of Harmonious Civilization
Dear Creators of Harmonious Civilization:
GHA Message for June 21, 2010 on Global Harmony Day in the Harmonious Era Calendar is devoted to the following two most momentous events:
1. 2010 as the first year of the Harmonious Civilization and
2. Harmonious thinking of a new civilization which is presented in details in the GHA program book “Harmonious Civilization” http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379.
2010 as the first year of the Harmonious Civilization:
For more than 5 years, GHA has been intently watching the new historical trend of global harmonization which may be traced back to 1947. This time we collected approximately 65 instances of global harmony in the different spheres and countries: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=382. Strengthening of this tendency and accumulation of the facts has established two critical points: a) 1990s witnessed the socialist camp collapse, which replaced the past historical alternative "capitalism-socialism" within industrialism by the new historical alternative "industrialism-harmonism" (or “industrial civilization – harmonious civilization”), and b) 2009 marked the birth of a harmonious civilization connected with two new key historic initiatives: 1) The beginning of nuclear disarmament, which is possible only in new Harmonious Civilization, instead of an industrial militaristic civilization, and 2) 2009 also marked the creation of the scientific theory of a harmonious civilization, which provides a conscious, peaceful and nonviolent development for this civilization.
These historical events have been strengthened by the two simultaneously occurring facts in this direction: 1) Since 1992, The European Union (a union of approximately 30 countries with a population of 500 million) was established on the harmony principle ‘Unity in diversity,’ and 2) Since 2006, China (with a population almost a quarter of the total humanity) is consciously building a harmonious society.
Therefore, we propose that June 21, 2010 is the First Global Harmony Day of the Harmonious Civilization. It is a conscious day of a conscious civilization. This is unprecedented event in history when the new civilization realizes itself since the first year. This day is not merely a simple symbol of a new era marked by conscious beginning of a new, harmonious, mentality of humankind, but the Age of Harmonious Enlightenment and the conscious Harmony Renaissance. It is absolutely unimportant that this consciousness is observed only within small international community of GHA. It is important, however that it is observed. And with distribution of harmonious enlightenment and education, its expansion will not keep waiting for long.
Harmonious thinking of a new civilization:
Harmonious Enlightenment, just as any thought, begins with the alphabet, language and thinking of harmony. Enlightenment is a transition from ignorance to knowledge, from one level of knowledge to another, essentially new level. Most of us are competent in the alphabet and language of industrialism. We know the core concepts of industrial thinking which are identical with disharmony. The language of industrial civilization teaches us to achieve peace from war. Engagement of the military to find peace results in the daily preparation for a new war for national and any private interests. Its motivation is greed and profit by the military industry and arrogance of the subscribing democracies and dictatorships. The war spread by such precedence may lead to involvement by all nations, simply because of a lack of alternative for the world growing in a culture of violence. This culture breeds disharmonious reading and writing, which creates disharmonious man. There are several big and small states, which own the weapons of mass destruction with their annual military expense growing faster than that of other necessities. The ultimate end of this civilization is a ‘universal genocide’ (Ernesto Kahan and Taki Yuriko) in a global nuclear or other fire. The 21st century genocide of billions will be the apotheosis of an industrial civilization and its thinking.
Only the alternative trend of global harmony and the newborn harmonious civilization can overcome the culture of violence and its apotheosis. To develop harmonious thinking, we should master the alphabet and harmony language, both at individual level and social level. Instead of schools and academies which prepare for violence, we should create schools and academies of global harmony. Such schools will prepare everyone with its alphabet, language, concepts and thinking. The language of global harmony will delineate spheral classes of population leading to harmonious peace (peace from harmony). It priority is children raised in harmonious civilization to cultivate harmonious democracy. only harmonious democracy can give rise to a culture of harmony by teaching harmonious education in developing a harmonious person. This will lead to prosperity of all people and all nations – all of them identical in harmony, truth, justice and humanism. All of the above mentioned building blocks and notions are equally important. Each of them is a science. Together they make harmonious thinking, which is presented for the first time in the GHA 20 projects and four collective books in 5 years.
The Global Harmony Day 2010 symbolizes the conscious beginning of universal harmonious enlightenment and culture of harmonious thinking replacing a culture of military-industrial thinking, which can only assure universal genocide. These are two philosophies, two persons, two ways of life, thinking and behavior of two civilizations; when one dies and the other is born only.
GHA congratulates its members and all people of the world on June 21, 2010
As the First Global Harmony Day of the Harmonious Civilization
On this GHA main holiday of Global Harmony Day, let us honor the GHA following members with the following honorary titles for their contributions to the Global Harmony:
·In recognition for his lifelong contributions for the cause of global harmony and the GHA projects and to honor of 70 anniversary, the GHA highest honorary title, the World Harmony Creator is awarded to Prof. Emeritus Dr. Ernesto Kahan, MD, MPH, Tel Aviv University, Poet, Vice President, World Academy of Arts and Culture, USA, Former Vice President and a delegate to the Nobel Peace Prize Reception, 1985, IPPNW, Israel,
·In recognition for his great contributions to the GHA projects through Ukrainian language translations, the GHA Honorary Member is awarded to Dr. Ivan Mitjaj, Biology Professor, Kiev University, Ukraine
We sincerely congratulate you on the GHA Honorary Titles.
Dr. Leo Semashko,
Dr. Laj Utreja,
Harmonious Education: Today’s Top Priority for Children
GHA Message on Protection and Children’s Priority Day, June 1, 2010
Dear parents, teachers, and grandparents:
Today, on June 1st, 2010 The Global Harmony Association (GHA) is happy to congratulate you on the Protection and Children’s Priority Day on the GHA Harmonious Era Calendar (since 2005). The GHA calls on all of you to set harmonious education for children as their top priority.
Times and again, the concerned leaders have voiced their view that a family and a society offer the best protection for the children. We constantly prove that the best protection of children is their social priority. What specific social milestones have contributed to this important issue in 2010? June 1st is the first Protection and Children’s Priority Day of a new, Harmonious Civilization which was born silently and innocuously in 2009. Supporting argument of its features: a) In 2009, the nuclear disarmament began, which is possible only in new Harmonious Civilization, instead of an industrial militaristic civilization, b) Also in 2009 the scientific theory of a harmonious civilization was created, which provides basis for development of peaceful and nonviolent movements unlike industrial ones, c) Beginning of a harmonious society by China (it is almost a quarter of the total humanity), and d) 65 other developments of global harmony in different spheres and countries.
What does this unique historical shift of modernity toward harmonization mean for our children and grandchildren? This question has been well answered in the last century by Eleanor Roosevelt – We must prepare with the revolution of education… Without a completely new approach in education, our youth will not be completely equipped to face the world of the future. The harmonious civilization is born. Are our children ready for it? Are we ready for it? The answer is a categorical “No.” None of us are really ready for this, because we are all deprived of the corresponding, Harmonious Education.
All of us are ignorant in harmony, individually and socially. We do not know harmony language. We do not know even harmony alphabet. Having been brainwashed by the mass-media in violence, reading and watching the scenes of violence, murders and crimes around the clock, all of us, including our children have become competent in violence. Our society is one continuous academy of disharmony. Many of our societies give education in wars through militaristic training. Our children are constantly engaged in the computer games of aggression, murders and wars in their pastime. Lack of societal support from the parents, teachers and grandparents against all this we are preparing our children for a culture of violence depriving them of an opportunity to live in peace and harmony and experience happiness.
Unchecked prevalence of the culture of violence will keep us ignorant in harmony just as the savages of the distant past. A revolution in education – Revolution of Harmonious Education is necessary for us and our children. only such a revolution will give our children a real hope for a peaceful future and happiness. Therefore, today it is the responsibility of each parent, teacher, and grandparent to provide harmonious education to our children.
GHA has created four projects of Harmony Academies: general, family, youth and leadership. They are published in our books and on the site:
GHA calls parents and teachers all over the world to get acquainted with these projects and use them in families, schools and all educational and training institutions.
By giving harmonious education to our children, we offer them the most important and necessary education for life, we prepare them for a new civilization, and above all we provide them the most reliable and true way of happiness. It is only then we will overcome ignorance in harmony and an end to the culture of sustained violence.
Only then we will open for them the Age of Harmonious Enlightenment and Harmonious Peace. only then our children and grandchildren will be better than us. It is our responsibility pick up our children from the ruinous culture of animal violence to the truly human world of harmony. We must take the first step from ignorance to enlightenment in harmony.
Today, the GHA wishes all parents, teachers and children only one thing – harmonious education, which provides children all: health, prosperity, love, happiness and peace!
Dr. Leo Semashko,
Dr. Laj Utreja,
AHL Conception and President approval, May 22, 2010
Dear GHA members,
I like to inform a result: the Academy of Harmonious Leadership (AHL) Conception and President are approved by GHA.
I received more than 40 responses in which there were YES to AHL President and only 4 GHA members (two from Russia and two foreign) refrained from support of AHL Conception. I not received any response with NO to the AHL Concept or President. I warmly thank all GHA members for support of the new 20th GHA Project. In some responses concrete remarks and offers contained. on their basis I brought about 15 editorial amendments and additions in the Conception text. However, its contents not changed. Therefore I do not send its text to you. However, who wishes to read its final variant, you can do it on the site where it is published: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=429
I will remind that the English text will be edited by the carrier of English language in June-August. As our known English editors cannot or for a long time are absent, I invite English-speaking members, especially from youth to help to GHA with editing of 14 pages (without modules) in AHL Conception. It will be your great contribution which GHA will highly appreciate. Please, let me know the names of the GHA new editors.
In the Conception only one paragraph was essentially changed: it is the AHL list of experts-guides. Therefore I publish it below and I ask to inform me on the noticed errors and blanks. The general number of experts makes today 18 persons from 10 countries and the number of the AHL project makes supporters 14 persons. The AHL Vice-presidents will be approved, as you know, on May 31st.
For the summer months (June, July and August) I declare a vacation in GHA and I wish all to have the well rest on a nature, to visit various conferences, to be engaged in the health, children and grandchildren. I will be engaged in it too, I will periodically leave the city and to come back. But I am intended something and to make: to carry on negotiations with some heads, to write the ethical memorandum of Harmony for GHA and AHL, to involve in working out of Tetramathematics the new experts as the mathematics of a harmonious civilization is very powerful tool of its building and sharply it is required to AHL. As required I will sometimes inform you on it, not abusing your time and attention. Active work will begin in September with detailed personal discussion of each module of AHL.
But in the summer we should find new forces for our new practical work. Who will search the entertainments on Internet, please, do not forget about a harmony film library on our site: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/? cat=en_c&key=252. It contains now more than 40 films devoted to the most different harmony: children, women, Earth, ocean, birds, animal, architecture, mathematics, flowers, space, Moon, music, humour, words, painting, different countries: China, Russia, France, Japan, Malta, Greece, Egypt, Milan, Petersburg etc. Therefore it will please each of you. I sincerely thank those from you who have sent me these remarkable films and also our web designer Ivan Ivanov who has created this great film library of harmony.
I wish all the pleasant rest, health and joy in life and Internet.
Best harmony wishes,