GHA Educational Project
Department of Harmonious Civilization for any University/College of the World
January 24, 2011 - February 27, 2011
Approved by the GHA on March 3, 2011
The main educational goal of the 21st century:
Learn harmony and building a harmonious society
The Project coauthors:
Dr. Leo Semashko, Russia, GHA President,
Dr. Ernesto Kahan, Israel, GHA 1st Vice-president,
Dr. Laj Utreja, GHA-USA President,
Ms Kae Morii, GHA-Japan President,
Copyright © 2010 Global Harmony Association,
Copyright © 2010 Leo Semashko
1. Inevitability of a harmonious civilization and its birth in 2009.
2. Preconditions of creation of the Department of Harmonious Civilization.
3. The aims and directions of the Department of Harmonious Civilization.
4. The staff for the Department of Harmonious Civilization.
5. Theoretical and informational grounds of the Department of Harmonious Civilization.
6. Minimum expenses and maximum effectiveness of the Department of Harmonious Civilization.
7. Appendices: Lecture courses and the literature list: GHA projects, books and brochures.
1. Inevitability of a harmonious civilization and its birth in 2009
Within 6 years of its existence, the Global Harmony Association (GHA) has proved the inevitability of a harmonious civilization for mankind as a unique way for its survival and overcoming the global crises created by the industrial civilization in its current form. The harder and higher the level of violence and terrorism, the stronger is the social request for a harmonious society and civilization. This evolution is proved by more than 65 facts of global harmonization tendency noted in different countries and different social spheres since 1947: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=382.
In 2009 this trend has found expression in the birth of a harmonious civilization in its first three global attributes:
1. Beginning of a “zero nuclear” dialog between the USA and Russia, rather improbable in the current militaristic industrial civilization,
2. Appearance of its first theoretical model, in the GHA program book "Harmonious Civilization": (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379), which first introduced the alphabet, language and thought of harmony, and
3. Mathematics of Harmony as the arithmetic of a new civilization, Prof. Alexei Stakhov and his supporters, Canada, (http://www.worldscibooks.com/mathematics/ 635.html).
Another example of this civilization that impacts economics is an unprecedented philanthropy of the 40 U.S. billionaires in 2010. Their decision refutes all the laws of industrialism and explicable only in harmonism. The above four facts in a span of mere one year mark the cornerstones of a new civilization.
Its social examples are the formation of the European Union (EU) in 1992 and building of a harmonious society in China since 2006 in their territories with population of about 2 billion - almost a third of mankind.
The spiritual confirmation of the deep shift from industrial civilization to harmonious one are many international conferences in 2010: on sociology in Sweden, harmony of civilizations in China, mathematics of harmony in Ukraine, spiritual culture in Kazakhstan, philosophy of harmony and planetary sharing in Russia. The new civilization is aware itself at once in different spiritual perspectives and in many sciences.
World Economic Forum in Davos in late January 2011 also recognized the “new reality.” But it didn’t find an adequate title for this reality such as “harmonious civilization.”
The people's revolutions in early 2011 in Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, Lebanon and Libya have expressed helplessness and crisis of industrial civilization and the need for change in the direction of harmonious civilization.
These facts suggest that mankind has entered the threshold of a harmonious civilization/noosphere, which is the inevitable future for any country and the world-at-large. only harmonious civilization can rid the viruses of war, terror, violence, hunger and other social pathologies of industrial civilization.
The conscious evolution of harmonious planetary civilization can only go through the adequate science, corresponding harmonious global education and media. Harmonious civilization requires harmonious education and enlightenment. GHA has created nine projects of harmonious education (see their list below), including this project.
2. Preconditions of creation of the Department of Harmonious Civilization
The social request for harmonious education was not born in a vacuum, and the rich soil of the various historical, cognitive, scientific and pedagogical preconditions. They are analyzed in enough detail in the GHA project “World Academy of Harmony and general harmonious education,” 2008. Here we list only the basic preconditions.
The first and the main social precondition for creation of the Department of the Harmonious Civilization is the beginning of this civilization in 2009.
Other preconditions are as follows:
1. Development of ideas of social harmony in the Western cultural tradition since Pythagoras and Plato.
2. Development of ideas of social harmony in the Eastern Chinese cultural tradition since Confucius.
3. Development of ideas of social harmony in the Eastern Indian cultural tradition since Vedas.
4. Development of ideas of social harmony in the Euro-Asian (Russian and similar) cultural tradition since Orthodox sobornost, etc.
5. Development of Tetrasociology since 1976 as scientific theory of social harmony and as a scientific theory of a harmonious civilization since 2002 (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=145). In this theory the Western structural- functional approach to social harmony is synthesized with the Eastern holistic approach to it.
6. Development in the XXth century of the integrated (holistic and humanistic) education, the best representation of which is Montessori's school as the pedagogical precondition of harmonious education (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=328).
7. Saint-Petersburg parliament group of “Spheral, Harmonious Democracy” created in 1992 (in Russian: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=282).
8. Development of the mathematics of harmony from the end of XXth century (http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=330).
9. Development in the USA states of Texas and Louisiana of the “Harmony Science Academy” school system since 2000. Thirty three schools of similar type are active now (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Science_Academy)
10. Development in the world, the Internet and in different countries of numerous public associations, harmonically oriented educational and health centers rendering harmonization services to the population. Some of them are: Institute "Harmony" in St.-Petersburg (http://eng.inharmony.ru/); the Center of the Harmonious Life, Athens (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=327); annual Festivals of Harmony, California, USA: (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=370); World Harmony Organization, USA (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=410); World Harmony Network, Australia (http://worldharmonynetwork.site.voila.fr); the Global Harmony Association and its web-site “Peace from Harmony” (http://peacefromharmony.org) and a lot of others. The Internet «Google» search system gives out about 85 million for the key word “harmony” showing the events, establishments and sites that fix a world scale of distribution and application of this social phenomenon and concept.
3. The aims and directions of the Department of Harmonious Civilization
The birth of a harmonious civilization determines the main educational task of the XXI century: to learn harmony and building a harmonious society in different countries and establish a harmonious civilization in the world.
The general aim of the Department of Harmonious Civilization within this task includes the development of scientific knowledge of social harmony (harmonious civilization/society) and preparation of experts: Bachelors, Masters and Doctors capable harmoniously solving any social problem and providing tools to scientifically build a harmonious civilization/society.
Within this general aim it is possible to formulate the following concrete scientific and pedagogical purposes and directions/disciplines of this Department:
- The Civic Peace through harmonious education
- The resolution of military conflicts: harmonization instead of militarization
- Sociological researches of a harmonious society
- The theory of a harmonious civilization
- Pedagogics of a harmonious civilization
- The Theory and Management of harmonious education
- Spiritual values of a harmonious civilization
- Harmony of world religions
-World philosophy of harmony
-World history of harmony
-Science theories of harmony
- Harmony of Music and Arts
- Sociocybernethics of harmony
- Social theories of harmony, everlasting peace, justice, etc.
- Sociology of a harmonious civilization
- Culture of harmonious peace in a harmonious civilization
- Linguistics and Esperanto of a harmonious civilization
- Statistics of a harmonious civilization
- Mathematics of a harmonious civilization
- The finance of a harmonious civilization
- Democracy, the state and the right of a harmonious civilization
- Political psychology of a harmonious civilization
- Economy of a harmonious civilization
- Ecology of a harmonious civilization
- Harmonious leadership and management
- Personal Harmony
- Psychology of individual and social harmony
- Informational, social, cultural and political technologies of harmonization.
These purposes and directions can develop and vary under many situational conditions: cultures, religions, nations, countries, etc. Finally, they are defined and selected by a concrete University/College depending from their needs.
4. The staff for the Department of Harmonious Civilization
The Department staff may be selected in three different modes:
1.Selection and the invitation of 3-5 GHA professors for a specific University in a certain country.
2.6-12 months Training course for 5-8 professors-humanitarians in a specific University. Such training will be carried out by Leo Semashko.
3.Combination of the two previous modes.
All the listed ways at the first stage are realized under one condition: the University nominates Leo Semashko by the Department head as he is the founder of the theory of a harmonious civilization. There is no other way of personnel maintenance for the first Department of Harmonious Civilization. As an example is offered the Introductive lecture course (below), which Leo Semashko is ready to read in any University/College of the world. Laj Utreja’s Lectures (below) is an example of additional courses of the GHA professors.
5. Theoretical and informational grounds of the Department of Harmonious Civilization
The theoretical and informational basis of this Department, in broad sense of its preconditions (see above), is very diverse and volumetric. A variety of theoretical approaches to social harmony is generalized and integrated in the GHA program book “Harmonious Civilization” (2009: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379). It is the first attempt to present scientific-theoretical model of a harmonious civilization that is far from being perfect and so is accessible for the further development. It includes the alphabet, language and thinking of social harmony. This book outlines some of the GHA global harmony key projects, which are enlisted all together with Leo Semashko's books as the books of some other authors below.
6. Minimum expenses and maximum effectiveness of the Department of Harmonious Civilization
Creation of this Department at any university or college of the world demands minimal expenses – remuneration for the employees. Therefore, practically any university or college in any country can afford creation of such Department without serious charges.
On the other hand, its social effect will be maximal from the point of view of preparation of the new experts for education, science, management and economy. This staff is capable to modernize all spheres, branches and regions and to provide conscious (scientific) building a harmonious society in any country, and also a harmonious civilization on a global scale as the laws of social harmony are identical for all levels of society starting in a family. This pedagogical staff (school teachers and other educational staff) will be capable to provide the civic peace in any country through harmonious education of children and youth. The civic peace in a society is a priority task of any state. Civic peace through harmonious education is the most effective as compared to any police action. This staff will be capable to harmonize any economic, political and administrative structures, which can be handled via a social request. Such request is inevitable, when they realize the full spectrum of all advantages of the harmonization.
It is difficult to overestimate the value of such Department for society. It will be a beacon of nonviolent and harmonious social innovations of the XXIst century. It will serve to overcome the gap of social sciences from natural and technical sciences. It will become “a trigger” for harmonious enlightenment and revival of the countries, for their conscious transition from obsolete and dangerous industrial civilization to the harmonious civilization providing sustainable development and prosperity for all nations in one common house on the Earth.
The pioneer University creating the first Department of Harmonious Civilization will reap the fruits of global superiority in innovations, in harmonious education and revival. It will move out its country into the world leaders of a harmonious civilization.
(Edited by Dr. Laj Utreja)