150th anniversary of birth:
October 2, 2019
Nonviolence Science (NS)
In English: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=857
In Russian: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=794
Scientific (theoretical and statistical) module/vector of work
Within the tasks and under the leadership of the Gandhi Committee (GC),
GHA 68th Project: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=853
GHA Gandhi Committee (GC)
Scientific Strategy to research Gandhi nonviolence legacy in 2019:
Ensure an innovative scientific understanding and study of the Gandhi heritage,
which remains inaccessible in its defining virtue of nonviolence as “the greatest force of mankind” to traditional, narrow and fragmented knowledge, thinking and science. It requires fundamentally different, holistic and integral spheral sociocybernetic cognition, thinking and science, capable of uncovering the profound social genetic source of non-violence as “the greatest force of mankind” and open the way for its conscious governance and universal use by every nation that will exclude wars, terrorism, militarism and others forms of violence from their lives.
This is the GC call for all states, humanitarian/social academies and scientific institutions to seek and support innovative scientific approaches of theoretical / paradigmatic and empirical / statistical research of Gandhi's non-violence as “the greatest force/energy” unknown and unused until now in accordance with Mahatma Gandhi's precepts on science and truth.
Gandhi about science and truth
“Nonviolence [harmony, peace] is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. Nonviolence is not the inheritance of cowardice, it is always heroism.”
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”
Love and truth are two sides of the same coin.
The search for Truth is the highest grace of life.
A person striving for Truth cannot allow to neglect any of the spheres of life.
There is no God but truth.
We will be destroyed - politics without principles, pleasure without conscience, wealth without work, knowledge without character, business without morality, science without humanity and prayer without sacrifice.
I look at my quest as a scientist ... Let only relative truth be available to me. This relative truth should be my beacon.
Paying attention to the science of nonviolence, you (women) can become a powerful weapon of peace ....
GHA Gandhi Committee (GC)
- Ela Gandhi, South Africa, granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=852)
- Mairead Maguire, Northern Ireland, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=678)
- John Avery, Denmark, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=672)
- Shri Kanak Dugar, India, Gandhi Vidya Mandir Chairman, IASE Deemed University Chancellor (http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=481)
- Theodore Mascarenhas, Catholic Bishop, Delhi
- Chair of the GHA GC, - ? - Position is vacant
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, - Dr. Ravi Bhatia, Gandhian Scholar, R/Prof. University, Delhi, http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=737
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, - Dr. Subhash Chandra, GHA President, Gurgaon, Haryana, http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=583
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, CEO - ? - General Director of “GHA-Trust-EduB” (GTEB) (EduB: Education/Books),
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, - Dr. Maitreyee Bardhan Roy, scientist, Calcutta, http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=317
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, - Dr. Subhash Sharma, IBA Director, Bangalor, http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=453
- Vice-Chair of the GHA GC, - Dr. A.K. Merchant, National Trustee, Lotus Temple & Baha’i community of India; General Secretary, Temple of Understanding India Foundation; firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile: 9810441360http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=841 Delhi
- GHA GC member, - Arvinder Singh, publisher, Delhi,
- GHA GC member, - Prof. Pravat Dhal, Magadh University, Bodhgaya, Bihar,
- GHA GC member, advisor, - Dr. Leo Semashko, GHA Founder and Honorary President, philosopher and sociologist, Russia, http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=253
- GHA GC member, - Natalia Chigrina, public figure, Russia,
- GHA GC member, - Alexander Trubachev, engineer, Russia,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Noor Larik, scientist, statistician, Pakistan,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Ayo Ayoola-Amale, scientist, Ghana,
- GHA GC member, - Ms. Rosa Dalmiglio, WGHA Vice-Chair, Italy,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Takis D. Ioannides, scientist, Greece,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Marie Robert, artist, France,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Sabrina Gopala, Professor, Malaysia,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Uraz Baimuratov, Academician, Kazakhstan,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Eduard Soroko, Professor, Belarus,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Azra Adžajlić-Dedović, professor, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Maria Cristina Azcona, president, World Peace Organisation, Argentina,
- GHA GC member, - Ms. Celia Altschuler, painter and poet, Puerto Rico,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Rudolf Siebert, Professor, USA,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Vladislav Krasnov, historian, USA,
- GHA GC member, - Dr. Roger Kotila, psychologist, USA,
Total: GC 28 members from 17 countries.
They are presented on the personal pages of the GHA website “Peace from Harmony”: http://peacefromharmony.org
Two epistemological levels of the innovative scientific module / vector of the GC:
1. Theoretical or paradigm, consisting in social cybernetics (SC) of spheres and spherons: third order SC
2. Empirical or statistical, consisting in spheral statistics, which builds on traditional, nationally limited statistics, logically generalizing and streamlining it, making it universal, overcoming the shortcomings of national statistics and opening up fundamentally new prospects for its efficiency and technological digital application in the digital economy.
Both levels of innovative nonviolence research are necessary and sufficient for it. The absence or neglect of any of them deprives the understanding of nonviolence of fundamental scientific knowledge and leaves it at the level of intuition or hypothesis and even utopia, which many of its erroneous assessments of many of its surface and biased critics have today. Both levels provide a fundamentally new scientific understanding of nonviolence at the most fundamental, genetic level of its social being, providing the true scientific character of such a vision of nonviolence. Spheral sociocybernetic scientific approach is the greatest gnoseological and philosophical complexity, which required more than 40 years of scientific efforts, including 14 years of collective scientific research in the GHA for its disclosure in the first approximation.
The most important scientific work
1. At the theoretical/paradigm level
List of books by L. Semashko and co-authors
1.2016. Global Peace Science or Peaceloveology, Peacescience: First Common Good and Human Right, Revolution of Social Sciences, Creating Peace from SPHERONS' Harmony and Nonviolent Victory of Peace over War in XXI Century. By the 174 coauthors from 34 countries. World textbook. The first publication in English, Smaran Publication, New Delhi. 2016. 616 p.ISBN 978-81-929087-8-6: http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/global-peace-science-2016.pdf
2.2012. The ABC of Harmony for World Peace, Harmonious Civilization and Tetranet Thinking. Together with the GHA 75 coauthors from 26 countries. Global Textbook. GHA 34th Project. First published in English in India, New Delhi, Doosra Mat Prakashan, 2012, pages ~334. ISBN – 978-81-923108-6-2: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=478
3.2009. Harmonious Civilization. Global Harmony Association Innovative Projects, with 119 coauthors from 34 countries, in 2 languages. St-Petersburg, Russia, "LITA ", pages 254: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=379,
4.2008. World Harmony/Peace Academy and General Harmonious Education in an Information Society, with 64 coauthors from 20 countries, in 2 languages. St-Petersburg, Russia,"LITA ", pages 104. http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=277
5.2007. Magna Carta of Harmony for an Information Civilization: Toward Social Justice and Global Peace, with 42 coauthors from 16 countries in 7 languages, Lita, 228 p. http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=3
6.2003. Tetrasociology: from Sociological Imagination through Dialogue to Universal Values and Harmony, with 14 co-authors, in three languages: Russian, English and Esperanto. St.-Petersburg State Polytechnic University, 394p. http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=149
7.2002. Tetrasociology: Responses to Challenges: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=145
8.2000. Tetrasociology as the Revolution of Social Thinking, the Way of Harmony and Prosperity. St.-Petersburg, 168 p. (in Russian)
9.1999. Sociology for Pragmatists. Textbook for the university students. Part 1, St.-Petersburg, 376 p. (in Russian): http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/sociologiya-dlya-pragmatikov.pdf
10.1992. Spheral Approach: Philosophy, Democracy, Market and Human. St.-Petersburg, 368 p. :
GHA Projects and Works
1.Leo Semashko (2017) The ABC/Paradigm of Spheral Tetranet Thinking: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=824
2.Leo Semashko (2009) Tetraphilosophy and Tetrasociology: a Science of Social Harmony: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=400
3.Leo Semashko (2017) SPHERONS of Global Peace and their Science are Historic Achievement: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=739
4.Bernd Hornung, Germany; Bernard Scott, UK; Leo Semashko, Russia (2003): Tetrasociology and sociocybernetics: towards a comparison of the key concepts: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=255
5.Bernard Scott (2017) Some thought about Leo Semashko’s concept of ‘spherons’: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=255
6.Leo Semashko (2017) Sociocybernetics and Tetrasociology: Scientific Dialogue of West and Russia: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=255
7.Bernd Hornung, Germany; Bernard Scott, UK; Leo Semashko, Russia (2003) Tetrasociology and sociocybernetics: towards a comparison of the key concepts: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=255
8.Global Peace Science Agenda for the UN, UNESCO, G20 and EU. Spherons (2017): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=757
9.Network Spherons: The UN Harmony Replacing UN Disharmony (2017): http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=769
10.Human/Humanity Right to Life, Global Peace and Social Harmony. GHA Declaration 2017: http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=798
11.Spherons: Global Peace Genetics of the XXI century. End of war and militarism. International Spheral Statistics (2018) http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=ru_c&key=783
12.USA-RUSSIA Summit. The Great Peace Charter XXI (2018): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=834
2. At the empirical/statistical level
These are the same works as at the theoretical level, but in their empirical/statistical part, plus additional statistical studies of spherons at different stairs: humanity, country, region, branch, enterprise, educational institution.
1.1992. Spheral Approach: Philosophy, Democracy, Market and Human. St.-Petersburg, 368 p. :
2.1999. Sociology for Pragmatists. Textbook for the university students. Part 1, St.-Petersburg, 376 p. (in Russian): http://peacefromharmony.org/docs/sociologiya-dlya-pragmatikov.pdf
3.2000. Tetrasociology as the Revolution of Social Thinking, the Way of Harmony and Prosperity. St.-Petersburg, 168 p. (in Russian)
4.2002. Tetrasociology: Responses to Challenges: http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=145
5.Spherons’ Sociocybernetic MegaScience (2017): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=810
6.Spherons National Research Labs (2017): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=801
7.International Statistical Researches of Spherons (2017) http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=811
8.Mathematical LAB of Peace from Spherons’ Structural Harmony (2018): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=812
9.Spherons of Gandhi’s Nonviolence (2018): http://peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=848
And many other works.
All the listed studies of both cognitive levels will find a generalized reflection and expression in the GHA new, ninth book “Mahatma Gandhi: Nonviolence Starting Point. Its Genome and Statistics”, which is prepared by the GHA for publication in two languages in February-March 2019 and which can be used as the first scientific manual for the “Gandhi School of Non-Violence” and the “Interfaith Harmony Education Centers”.
Significance of spherons statistical researches
The statistical researches of spherons in almost 20 countries, with all their shortcomings and limitations of innovative pioneering works, convincingly prove with the system of empirical, statistical facts the real, objective existence of spheral classes of population (spherons) and the corresponding, still unknown societal genetic structure of humanity at all levels without exception. The statistics of spherons made spherons a scientific fact-based law, which is forced to reckon with it, despite all subjective, arbitrary, and tendentious approaches. The harmonious and peace-loving structure of spherons, which excludes violence by their nature, serves as the deepest social source of "the greatest force of non-violence of mankind", which Mahatma Gandhi understood well at the level of his brilliant intuition, about which he wrote and inspiring influence repeatedly. Therefore, Gandhi with good reason and right was included in the “founders of the Global Peace Science”, based on the scientific theoretical concept of spherons and its empirical, statistical confirmation.
This science and its key spherons theory are fundamental for the scientific understanding of Gandhi's non-violence. No other scientific insight into the non-violence of Gandhi is known to the world science. But the spheral, sociocybernetic understanding of the social source of Gandhi’s nonviolence has just been born, it is far from perfect and requires the creation of appropriate state scientific institutions, academies and laboratories in all countries, financed primarily from the state budget. The study of spherons and the development of global spheral statistics opens up unique, still unknown prospects for creating digital global technologies for all spheres, primarily for the economy. It will certainly pay back any expenses for their research, as the costs for the peaceful uses of atomic energy and for similar scientific research have paid for themselves many times. Based on the statistics of spherons, a number of economically promising start-ups are being proposed and developed, the technologies of which will make it possible in the near future to count and control/govern the Gandhi’s “greatest energy of non-violence”.
Leo Semashko (draft of the GC scientific module, prepared for discussion in the GHA since January 8, 2019)